Starting in the heart of Wellington city’s trail paradise you will wind your way straight up to the top of one of the best Mountain Bike and Running Parks in the country.
It’s a start you won’t be forgetting in a hurry as you wind and weave your way through 2 incredible Mountain Bike Trail parks back to back. The town belt then awaits you as you twist and wind through the many trails that circumnavigate the city. Climbs that will test you followed by views and trails that will thrill you. No other 50km Ultra makes you feel at one with nature and finishes up right in the city centre celebrating with friends and family at the best finish line of any ultra on the planet.
- UP – 1607m
- DOWN – 1447m
- Timing Chip
- Full medical assistance
- Drop bag tags
- Aid stations
- Post-event headquarters in the heart of Wgtn
- Finishers medal
Sunday the 21st of April 2024
|Super Early Bird||Early Bird||Faultline Standard|
|Jul 11 – Aug 6||Aug 7 – Oct 30||Oct 31 – Apr 12|
5 am – Karori Park
There will be two Hubs for the 50k. Hubs are major areas on course that are easy to access with vehicles at specific locations where participants can check in with their crew, receive any medical assistance, rest/sleep and are bag drop spots. You can top up hydration and nutrition also. These are additional to Aid stations. Pacers can only start from these locations. Hub locations are subject to change.
- Karori Makara Peak Mtb Park – approx. 17km
- Berhampore – approx. 36km.
Aid Stations will consist of hydration and nutrition, approx 10 on course. Specific aid station information TBA.
Transport will be available for athletes to get to their designated start points. This will be available to purchase through your race roster registration portal at a later date.
Event Expo will be in Wellington city centre Thursday/Friday 18/19 April. Location TBC
Finish line will be in Wellington City Centre.
18 Years age of race day.
Cut off time
- Drop bag points are available at any of the 2 Event Hubs:
- You will be supplied with a bag drop label corresponding to each Event Hub.
- Drop bags must not contain any glass
- All liquids must be in secure containers
- We cannot move bags between aid stations for you, i.e you must provide a bag for each location where you wish to have personal supplies.
- Bags must be soft and of reasonable size.
- for ALL pace support people also
- Seam Sealed Jacket – with hood
- Thermal leggings – must be thermal no cotton or lycra
- Thermal Top – must be thermal no cotton or lycra
- Beanie – thermal
- Gloves – thermal
- Phone with GPX file on it in a plastic sealed bag
- Emergency Blanket
- Headlamp – plus spare batteries or a second lamp unit
- Basic first aid – bandage, plasters
Starting at Karori Park you will head straight up the local hills to the top of skyline before connecting with Makara Peak Mountain Bike park. Loose yourself in 2 separate loops of the amazing trails (so good we almost did 3) until you link up with Salvation that takes you to more trail brilliance as you run around Zealandia, where the birdsong will cheer you on as you connect into Waimapihi, one of the jewels in Wellington’s trail crown.
With 20km to go weave through the urban maze of trails through southern Wellington, past the zoo, then North up to Mount Victoria. From here enjoy the very different macrocarpa and pine trails until your final journey along the waterfront to your rightful place in Wellington Folklore.
1607m of climbing. Months of preparation. An entire lifetime of memories. The 50km Ultra is a trail runners delight and the views, trails and finish line smiles will leave you wanting more.